søndag 7. november 2010

A Quilt For Jonas

In July, my extended family got a new
family-member.
A little baby boy was born! 
The twelwth grandchild of my parents in law!
What a blessing!

And of course I wanted to make him something!
I had already started knitting a little throw in wool for him, but I also wanted
to make him a quilt.
It was difficult to pick a pattern, because I didn't
want it to be too patchwork'y, if you understand what I mean!
His parents has a contemporary style,
and it was important for me that they liked it too!
If not, I was afraid the quilt wouldn't be used!

Then I read this post.
And I went here.
And I put an order here.
And got this...

...PURE by Sweetwater for Moda!
I fell in love immediately!
The fabrics are beautiful!
I opened the jelly-roll and started working on the quilt right away!
Oh, this was fun!



I wanted to do some applique on the quilt, 
like she did here, but something else.
Then I remebered this quilt, 
and I went digging out my copy of The Homespun Magazine.

I had so much fun making this quilt,
that I felt a little sad departing with it!  But I know there is
a little boy that hopefully will love his quilt some day!
And I know his parents do!
Both the throw and the quilt!

...some close ups...
... as a backing I used a thick and soft, dark brown flannel...
...I know, I know...
...too many photos of the quilt...
...but did I tell you I love the quilt and how it turned out?!?  LOL!
I haven't had the chance to meet the little guy yet,
but we are looking forward to spend a few days with him and his parents this christmas!

Must tell you that I finished the quilt the night before we started our trip to Florida!
The photos of the finished quilt were taken in our hotel room in Oslo!
Hadn't had the chance to do it before we left home!

Thank you for stopping by!
Wish you a lovely week, and take care!
May Kristin

25 kommentarer:

Annette sa...

Your quilt is adorable!! I love the cute little vehicles. So fun.

Sissel Berg sa...

Beautiful quilt. I love it. And the colours....wow!!! And you gave me an idea for a quilt I'm planning. In a totally differenr direction (Beach quilt), but still. Thanks!!

Sissel

Anonym sa...

Congratulations. The quilt is so beautiful, when the parents doesn't love this, then I don't know what they would like..

Kris sa...

I love Pure, and I love your quilt! Oh! And not too many photos. Just enough!

Thimbleanna sa...

Eeek! That's ADORABLE! I thought those little cars looked like Kellie's -- I LOVE what you've done with them!!!

Chookyblue...... sa...

you should be happy with the quilt as it is lovely.........

Jeanne sa...

Love the quilt for Jonas! The Pure fabric line is so wonderful.

Stina Blomgren sa...

Riktigt riktigt härlig quilt .... :o)

Susan @ Blackberry Creek sa...

I love the color combination in that quilt. And the little autos are darling. Great job.

Karilla sin hobbyblogg sa...

I love it :-)

Louise SS sa...

Oh, vilken söt liten pojkqvilt!

Stephanie - My Calico Heart sa...

I love this quilt! The colours are so gorgeous, well done and I love all of the photographs.

Anita sa...

Åhhhh ... det er det lekreste babyteppet jeg noen gang har sett :-))) Ble så inspirert at jeg har bestilt stoffene fra Fat Quarter...

Linda sa...

Love it! The fabric you chose was perfect for a baby boy. Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

julieQ sa...

I saw that fabric line at my local quilt shop...and loved it! You have done such a wonderful job on this quilt...it would be hard to part with!

Lorraine sa...

No...never too many photos of such a lovely quilt...you should be very thrilled with the way it turned out...love the applique!

Quilter Kathy sa...

That is sooo adorable! Great job! You can never have too many photos of a quilt :) I enjoyed every one!

Litamora's Quilt & Design sa...

For et nydelig babyteppe! Det faller nok uten tvil i smak :o)
Ønsker deg en riktig god helg, og en koslig 1.søndag i advent :-)
Laila

Viviane sa...

It is very beautifull

Rebecca sa...

Love the little quilt and the quilting is great .
they will love it I am sure
Hugs Bec

Sølvis blog sa...

Utrolig lekkert quilt . Så enkelt og så lekkert.

Lappedamen sa...

Ikke rart du måtte ha mange bilder av dette kjempelekre babyteppet. Lille Jonas kommer til å elske dette teppet. Fargene er bare så lekre.

Blåbærtua sa...

Så fint det ble med biler og scooter på. Jeg har vært inne å redigert innlegget, sånn at jeg fikk linket til teppet ditt også. Artig å se de ulike variantene. Helt enig ned deg. en nydelig quilt som var kjekk å sy. Ha en forstatt fin uke!

ahli sa...

Nydelig teppe.
Astrid

Kerstin sa...

The quilt is so wonderful and the colours are great!!! I love your applique!
Viele Grüße
Kerstin