søndag 25. oktober 2009

Trondheim and Hurtigruten, here we come... Part one

When we saw Siw's ad about the quilting-cruise on
Anita and I knew we had to sign up
for this event!
We decided to leave for Trondheim a couple of days before
we were supposed to enter the ship.
One of our wishes was to have time to do some sightseeing. Anita had never
been to Trondheim before, and I thought it was fun to see the city again.
I lived there for three years when I was ten to twelwe years old.
Another wish was to have time to eat some good food...
...sit in a nice café,
drinking a hot latte...
...looking at people...
...talking and thinking...
...relax...
...maybe some shopping...
...well, definately some shopping in Siw's great shop, Quiltegården!
May be see some ladies we met in Trysil two years ago.
A perfect and well deserved little vacation for two working ladies
and housewives!
Here is a little from what we saw on our
sightseeing...
...we even took a guided tour to see the
It was a very interesting history lesson, and definately
worth a visit!


...there's lots of beautiful spots in and around Trondheim, but
we only had time for a few...


...Den gamle bybroen, (The Old Town Bridge)...



...Bakklandet...

I'll be back with more soon,
so please,
stay tuned!
Take care!
May Kristin
PS! You can click on the photos to enlarge them if you like!

7 kommentarer:

Chookyblue...... sa...

I would try and add a few more days on to explore the city also.........love the snaps you have shared...........nice to see your part of the world.........

Unknown sa...

You deserved the vacation!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek sa...

Looks like a wonderful vacation.

Abby and Stephanie sa...

What a gorgeous city. I love beautiful old buildings. Your trip much have been such fun.

A Spoonful Of Sugar sa...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Such a pretty part of the world - I lived in Stavanger for a while when my husband was woking there . i would love to go back to explore more of your lovely country.

Anonym sa...

Hello May, loved your post especially the photos of your part of the world....Warm Regards Lyn

Leanne sa...

Thank you for the tour. Your photos are well worth the click to enlargement. I love seeing your part of the world.