torsdag 27. desember 2007

Christmas

Finally, Christmas eve is here. The tree is decorated, presents under the tree, the table is set!

We all worked hard to get finished, and we made it!

But first, I will tell you a little story. When I was 15 years old, my older brother, my younger sister and I, decided that we had grown out of having a christmas tree, we were TO old!!! So, my parents did not buy any tree! And that was ok! And it was ok until my cousin and grandparents arrived, the christmas eve was there, then it was no longer ok!! Hey, where should we put our presents? The livingroom felt so dull and not christmasy at all! And it was to late to buy a tree. So, what could we do about that? My cousin and I ran up in the attic, found the box with christmasstuff, down to the livingroom again. We took the floorlamp, dragged it out and put it almost in the middle of the floor, and started to decorate it! Luckily the lamp had three arms! Since it was a lamp, we didn't need lights, LOL, but it was decorated with tinsel, small flags, small braided paper baskets and paper chains!! That christmas eve, I realized I would never get to old to have a christmas tree!! This christmas we were 16 people around the table for dinner. My parents came to stay with us for a few days. My PIL lives nextdoor, and they and two of my BIL with families came to eat with us.
In the part of the country where I live, we have codfish for christmas dinner. It is at its best at this time of the year. We live on the coast, and in early morning on the 24'th, you see both smaller and bigger fishing boats heading out to fish the codfish for dinner.
My husband is the chef on christmas eve! And he is a good one! I made the dessert The fish is served with good and tasty potatoes, carrots, broccoli and a special gravy called "sandefjordsmør"! It is a delicious gravy made of real butter, creem, parsley, lemon, a little salt and pepper. Delicious, but NOT low fat!!
Our table wasn't long enough, so we had to add one, and placed them diagonally to have room for everyone!
After dinner and dessert, and the dishes were done, we had a quiet time together singing christmas carrols and reading from the Bible about the birth of Christ. This was probably the best part for my little princess, she loves singing christmas carrols!


I wanted to show you the flowerarrangements I ordered for my table....

This my son relaxing on the coach in front of the tv on christmas day.....it is nice to have days like this!
I hope you all have had some wonderful days with your families, and felt the love and warmth spending time with them!
Merry Christmas to all of you and take care!

May Kristin

4 kommentarer:

Leanne sa...

Thanks for sharing those lovely photos. Your tree looks fantastic.

Unknown sa...

This all looks so cosy, I didn´t know that you eat cod on Christmas eve! Thanks for sharing.

Elin sa...

Riktig godt nytt år!

Benó sa...

From Portugal I liked very much to learn about your Christmas. Here, we eat, too, codfish, but salted codfish with potatoes and boilled eggs and some kinds of cabbage. For dessert,sweet-rice decorated with cinnamon.
Around the table we were 14
Happy New Year for you and family.