fredag 1. februar 2008

4 Seasons Quilt Swap and my giveaway

This will be short post, just to tell you that I'll be gone for the week-end. I am going to spend the week-end up in the snow with my collegues from work. I won't be able to read your comment or respond to them until late sunday night or monday morning Norway time.
But please, keep on commenting, and remember, if you also do a post telling about your early start and showing photos, you'll have a double chance to win! So please, scroll down to my previous post, and leave a comment! On the photo below you can see some of what you may win!!
And thank you to everyone who already has commented on my previous post. It is so fun to learn how you all got started with quilting, and to see some of you first projects! I'll respond to you all when I'm back!
Some of you may have noticed that I am taking part in The Four Seasons Quilt Swap. I just wanted to show you a little sneak peak of the winter quilt I am making for ..... in......., ............! Sorry, I can't tell you who she is until she has got it. I am a little late, but I hope she will forgive me. And I hope she will like it! Until next time...
.......take care and have a wonderful week-end!
May Kristin


9 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I started doing 'tie' quilts at church years ago. They were usually to be donated to charity. Then about 10 or 15 years ago my mother began to piece quilts (she tats,knits,crochet,sews and quilts). Mom pieced by hand from start to finish and did a quilt for each of her children (3), each of her grandchildren (5) and then great-grandchildren (still going). Each was different. So about 6 years ago I tried to go the pieced quilt route. I took some classes and was hooked. I, however, do machine piecing and hand quilting. I like applique a lot too. I do a lot of 'impromtu' quilting--do my own thing rather than follow a pattern. I am working now on a large 'honu' or turtle bedspread for my grandson. The turtle I adapted from a large turtle on a beach towel (shamelessly traced it and went from there!) I am quilting the water with sworls and edies to give the feeling of the turtle swimming. The center block is 33 inches long and about 27 inches wide. From there I did a mix of 12 inch blocks to make it large enough. I enjoy the creative expression. There are lots of babies being born to the young mothers at church so keep being making quilts for them. (one just had her baby and 5 more on the way!).

Red Geranium Cottage sa...

Love that little quilt your teasing us with. Hope you have fun on your trip.

Anne Ida sa...

Love your little winter swap tease! I'm sure it is lovely! Have fun in the snow! :o)

Locket Pocket sa...

Oh wow! I see you have Tilda goodies in your giveaway! Now I want to win even more!!!! Lucy x

Leanne sa...

Have a great weekend away

The Calico Cat sa...

pretty little detail shot of your swap quilt. (I just mailed mine yesterday...)

Stina Blomgren sa...

Beatuful...beautiful...your work...someone is going to be really happy!!!
And I sure will cross my fingers for my chance to win...cause I spotted some really nice pink treats....xxx

Unknown sa...

I hope you will have a great weekend, I love what I can see of your winter quilt.

Mari sa...

I started quilting between children, but never really had any time to do anything until the last couple of years as the children (3 of them) were very close in age. Now I quilt for relaxation, it's all "me-time", and I love to create.

PS you've been tagged.... (see my blog)