søndag 13. april 2008

NQF 20 Year

Last week-end I went to the Annual Quilt Meeting. The Norwegian Quilt assosiation was celebrating the 20 year anniversary.

There were a lot going on. Kaffe Fasset was there, talking about how he is working. He was also teaching a couple workshops.

There were various workshops to join, some drop-in workshops, and some you had to sign up for, when you signed up for the meeting.
There were exhibitions where you could enjoy beautiful work from all over our country. I am sorry I haven't any photos to show you! We are not allowed to show the photos in public, only for private use.
And there were shops, shops, shops! Can you believe, I didn't take one single photos from the shops! I think I must have been carrying my head under my arm! I wasn't thinking! LOL! But if you jump over to May Britt's blog, she has a lot of photos from the shops to share.
On saturday night whe had a special dinner, celebrating the 20 years. The food was delicious! They said there were nearly 500 ladies being served! Can you imagine how the noise-level sometimes increased! LOL! On sunday, I joined a 4 hour workshop. It was teached by a norwegian designer named André Wallenborg. He is designing and making purses. (Also for the Royal Family, I've heard!) One of his goals for this workshop, was that all of us should leave the workshop with a finished product! I can't say that that has happend to me before! But I got there, almost! It was a fun workshop, and he really is a good teacher!

This is my cute little purse, designed by him, and made by me!
This is some of the stuff I bought. I just couldn't manage to leave the shops untouched by me! LOL!


Look at these Valdani threads! Aren't they lovely? They are 3-stranded embroidery-floss. I'm not sure I can afford to use them! I might save these and buy me another box to use... Does this sound familiar??
Well, that's all for now! Thank you for stopping by!
Take care everyone!
May Kristin

9 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hi May Kristin it sounds like you had a great time at the convention, the bag you made is lovely and look at all the wonderful things you bought.I love it when you have lots of quilt shops under one roof, it can be expensive but fun.thanks for dropping by my blog have a great day Jo

jacquie sa...

Very very cute purse!

Peg - Happy In Quilting sa...

You have done a lovely job on your purse, and your treats and goodies, some very nice fabrics in there...sounds like you had a great time...

Tonje sa...

Oh... I know that feeling all too well... I buy something and then I can't afford to use it... lol...
Looks like you had fun at the NQF convention.

Anonym sa...

You seems to had a great time and a perfect shoping ;-)

have a great week!

Marica

Nanette Merrill sa...

Such pretty things. What a lovely time you had.

Anne Ida sa...

Looks like you had a wonderful time at the class! And your bag looks terrific!

It was so great seeing you again!
Hugs...

Thimbleanna sa...

500??? That's awesome! Your purse is adorable and just look at all your goodies. I just discoverd Valdani threads this weekend -- I can't wait to try them!

Unknown sa...

The purse is spectacular- I want one!!!