lørdag 12. juli 2008

Pencil-roll

My oldest daughter had a crafting project at school this spring.
They had to find out what to make, how, what to use, and try to do as much as they
could on their own.
I had showed her this pencil-roll earlier, and told her I planned to make one for her and one for her little sister.
But she decided to make this on her own, instead of letting me make it for her. So the planning started!
We went to this site where I had spotted a tutorial earlier.
Then we went to my stash to see if I had fabrics that matched the pencils she had.
I never thought I would have matching fabrics for all the colours, but I did!!
She did most of the work at school, but finished it at home,
because she ran out of time.
And mom's sewing machine was a hundred times better than the ones they have at school!!
Of course!
This is the finished result! Hasn't she been clever?




I must tell you that they would get a grade for this project,
and if they wrote down their progress,
it would improve the grade.
And so she did! She didn't take photos, but draw and coloured the whole process in a
journal.
One of the last days at school, they should display their finished products in a nice way,
and the teacher would walk around, look at the products and set the grades.
I am a very proud mom, because she got 6 for this. Which is an A, I guess,
in the american/english school system.
What about the journal, you may ask?
Well, she finished the journal at school, right before the show, and then gave it
to the teacher!
I never got to see it finished!

That's all for now!
Take care, and have a wonderful week-end!
May Kristin

10 kommentarer:

Hanne sa...

What a lovely project!
Say Congratulations to your DD - a well deserved a 6 for this one.

Jeanne sa...

I think your daughter show great talent. Her pencil roll is terrific. Please congratulate on her nice work.

Locket Pocket sa...

What a clever girl!!! That pencil roll is fantastic! I've made simple ones but never tried making one to match the pencils because it looked too tricky so I am very impressed with your clever daughter!!

Lucy x

Unknown sa...

This is so great, she can be very proud.

Chocolate Cat sa...

What a fantastic job your daughter did!

Leanne sa...

What a clever daughter ...she obviously take after her mum....it's nice to think she is interested in sewing I wish my daughter was....I'm loving that header photo.

Cheryl sa...

What a great job your daughter did and I love the fabrics. How proud the two of you must be and she is on the road to being a wonderful sewer!

Anne Ida sa...

Oh, wow! How great is that!!! And well worth a 6!!! Well done, P!!! So who of you will make one for I? *lol*

Jo-Anne sa...

Hello May Krisin!
This is quite an impressive project! The fabrics match the colors of the pencils so perfectly. She is very talented....she should be very proud of herself! :)

Thimbleanna sa...

Wow! Congratulations to your daughter -- she's done a beautiful job!